Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Foray into Pinterest

Pinterest, as all users know, is addictive. You start out looking for a crochet pattern and end up an hour or so later creating a board full of "Honey Do's". You know what I'm talking about. I avoided Pinterest like the flu for the first couple of years that it existed (I still don't have an instagram account). It sounded like a waste of time to me and well...

I've been on Pinterest for a year or two now. I've even pinned items from this blog, but I only had a personal account and not one associated with Shadle Park Provident Living, so I decided to create an account just for this blog, only because I'm pretty sure that if you read this blog, you don't want to see pins about Scouting, crocheting, or Wood Badge. If you do, you can always look me up and follow me, otherwise at least check out some of the boards I've created specifically for SPPL.

I'm am going to try to sort the boards by subject matter, such as food preservation, emergency preparedness, you get the idea. I will tell you now that as with all other things found on the internet, some things may not be a good idea (such as oven "canning" perishable foods) and I will try to weed out those pins as I go along. I will also check the links as I go. No sense in repinning something that goes no where.

So here you go, if you would like to follow SPPL boards, you'll find the widget just under the blog archives to the right. Have fun, see you in a couple of hours. LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment