Friday, November 7, 2014

I don't have any baking powder...what am I to do?



So I found this really fantastic recipe for no yeast donut holes. I couldn't wait to try them out. 

Just look at the picture. Doesn't it make your mouth water? Don't you just want to make them and eat all 2 dozen before the kids get home? Yeah, me too. So I pulled all the ingredients out... except one...baking powder. Dag nabit, my mouth was watering for these sweet treats. Now what?

It isn't the end of the world however. I did what every good cook does nowadays, I searched the internet for a solution. The best solution I found was on joyofbaking.com and not only did I find a substitute for baking powder but also for stuff I didn't know I might need to substitute. 

So I got them made. They were very good. They are also very gone. Shhhhhh, don't tell the husband, I'll make more later to share with him.

Anyway, so that you can enjoy these bitty treats just follow this link to Kelly's Justataste.com for the recipe. I do strongly suggest that you make a test batch before the kids get home, you know...so you can determine if it's something they'll like, then when you know that they will want them, make another batch to share with them. Shhhh...I'll keep your secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment